* This post may contain affiliate links
What drives the web? You guessed it – CONTENT. If you have good writing skills, this is the industry for you.
Another report from The CMA states that 37% of marketing managers believe the most important channel for engaging customers is content-led websites and 20% of time surfing the internet is spent on content-led websites.
These are jaw-dropping statistics that will help you build a successful business in the writing industry, regardless of your age or location.
You have access to countless opportunities and the internet has now made it easy to get access to millions of readers the minute you hit the publish button
This means you no longer have to:
- depend on third party to promote your writing business
- the market segment is wide enough for as many writing businesses as possible
- there is an added advantage for niche-specific writers so your knowledge will not be a waste
We are in the century where ONLY good adverts don’t cut it anymore. Customers are wiser, have a variety of choices and don’t like to be sold to.
To excel in the writing industry, you need to build credibility and trust.
How to Build Credibility and Trust
- Build a reputable brand online: publish articles on authority sites, respond to media queries and seek interview opportunities
- Start a blog: it only cost $12/year to purchase a branded domain name and $2.95/month for hosting. Here is the complete guide on how to start a blog
- Publish high-quality content
- Publish consistently
- Niche down: Which sounds more powerful [off the top of my head]:
– I am a technical writer
– I am a writer
The first one of course, because it is clear what kind of writing you do.
What if English is Not My First Language?
Don’t be discouraged! You can build a successful business in the writing industry with these unique business ideas even if English is not your first language.
Writers that speak multiple languages or a language other than English are in high demand, and this is even a added benefit for you.
Authors need people to translate their book to foreign languages
You can write research papers
Bloggers want to increase blog traffic by translating their blogs to multiple languages
You can partner with a writer that is both fluent in English and in your language to author a children’s book, cookbook, so many ideas here…
Even if you don’t have good writing skills, you can still excel in the writing industry by hiring an editor to look over your work and clean up grammatical errors.
Without further ado, here are the best business ideas in the writing industry.
60 Business Ideas for Entrepreneurs with Good Writing Skills
Don’t have a blog? Click here to get your free domain name and start blogging to get clients for your writing business
- Book formatting
- Blog writing
- Linkedin profile writing
- Resume writing
- Developmental Edits
- Line Editing
- Copy Editing
- Songwriting Consultant
- Creative writing
- Book publishing
- Press release writing
- Ghostwriting services
- Proofreading business
- Translation services
- Direct mail copywriter
- Magazine Editor
- Magazine publisher
- Academic writing
- Legal Writing
- Technical Writing
- Create a course based on a theme in writing
- Scrivener coaching
- Ad Copywriter
- Create a campaign
- Name a Business Services
- Greeting cards business
- Poem writing
- Sell ready sales letter
- Writing coach
- Content Strategy services
- Start a Private Label Rights Business
- Design Pinterest Graphics
- Brand Management
- Publish case studies
- Product descriptions
- Kindle publishing
- Kindle formatting
- Barnes and Nobles Publishing
- Barnes and Nobles Formatting Services
- Book promotion services
- Book review
- Book critique services
- Proposal writing
- Website content
- Freelance writing blog
- Publish and Sell Kindle books
- Blog Proposal Writing
- Writer Management Services
- Build Author websites
- Ad Copy
- Start a web interview series
- Host a Radio Show for Writers
How to Market Your Writing Business
- Start a blog
- Host a virtual summit
- Use Linkedin to Find Clients
- Do these 50 things to get additional new clients every month
- These 44 product bonus ideas will pull in extra sales and income
- Read how 33 experts built successful businesses
- Raise a $1000 for your business within 24 – 72 hours
Make sure you read these posts because they will help increase your credibility and influence as a writer or someone with a business in the writing industry.
So, did I miss any steps? What other ideas can you contribute to this list? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comment section.
If you enjoyed reading this post, don’t forget to hit the share buttons and rate it in 1-click below.
Need to hire a professional business writer? Click here to check out my affordable content writing services.